Library Assistant/Archivist, Learning Commons, Friends Academy (August 2015-Present)
- Instruct students how to research effectively and evaluate information.
- Collaborate with faculty and administration to teach digital citizenship across the curriculum.
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data to direct change by analyzing trends in students’ research processes, learning outcomes, utilization of library resources, and effectiveness of pedagogical methods.
- Educate the community about school history and Quaker mission through tours, presentations, class projects, performances, and displays.
- Lead an ongoing digitization project of archival items to achieve sustainability and accessibility goals.
Writing Instructor, Seton Hall University (July 2013-June 2015)
- Enabled students to succeed professionally.
- Instituted standards as departmental board member for performance improvements.
- Helped generate data set for a literacy study through encoding initiative on students’ close reading abilities.
Writing Tutor, The College of Saint Rose (July-August 2013)
- Assisted writing development of incoming freshmen enrolled in HEOP/AOE.
English Teacher, Hunan Provincial Education Association for International Exchange (July-August 2011)
- Taught English and US History courses.
- Guided students to success on the General English Proficiency Test.
Writing Fellow, Le Moyne College (January 2011-December 2012)
- Aided students’ writing development.
Master of Library Science, Queens College, In-Progress
Concentrations: Archives, Human-Computer Interaction, Metadata, Digital Humanities
Master of Arts in English and Literature, Seton Hall University, 2015.
Concentrations: 19th-Century British Literature, Jane Austen, British Romanticism, Victorian science
Thesis: “Refiguring George MacDonald: Science and the Realist Novel”
Bachelor of Arts in English, Le Moyne College, 2012.
Concentrations: Philosophy, Theology, Irish Literature
Presentations and Workshops:
- “Digital Literacy: Fake News, Data Privacy, and Social Media in the Classroom,” Teaching and Learning Conference 2018, Friends Academy
- “Gender Performativity and the Shortcomings of Gender Identities in Troilus and Cresida,” Conference on Women and Gender 2014, Seton Hall University
- “Alice’s Adventures in Letterland,” New Jersey College English Association 2014, Seton Hall University
- Web Development
- UI/UX Design
- Multimedia Design